Monday, January 16, 2012

No car, no house, no problem

On our way to checking out homes in Northern California, we hit a bit of a set back. While following our real estate agent to a possible house we wanted to purchase, a driver decided we should get a new car. He accomplished this feat by running us off the highway at 65 miles an hour. While we were spinning in the median, we came to a fast stop by the guard rail which catapulted us back onto the highway facing the wrong direction. The driver never stopped, but the good news was that everyone was alright. We were very shaken and decided not to continue looking at houses that day. No broken bones reported, and everyone was ok. We did not end up purchasing the house we were headed to look at that day.

I have a slight (actually pretty big) correction to Steven's earlier post about the day I lost my beloved first car (still sad about it 2 1/2 years later).  He is correct that we were run off the highway while following our realtor to a walk through of a potential home, but what his memory is a little fuzzy about is the fact that after dealing with insurance phone calls, waiting for the tow truck to arrive and generally collecting ourselves, we did indeed go view the house.  In fact, we liked it and went on to put in an offer on it that very afternoon.  Not sure how my hubby could get these details so wrong, but I guess since we ended up not getting that particular house (a big thank goodness!) and found a much, much better one (for us), I'll let it slide.  I should actually thank him for giving me the opportunity to show you all that I'm right (as usual). 

1 comment:

  1. Each post should have a "he said" "she said" section. Very entertaining and feels like I never left "home" :)

    ReplyDelete